Saturday, June 26, 2010

Problems.

We all have problems.

Some of us dwell on them. Some of us obsess over them and lose perspective.

Personally speaking, I've been doing a lot of self-examination these days. I've been reviewing the pages of my life to this point, and trying to pinpoint where I may have missed a turn.

It may sound a little ungrateful, considering all of the great gifts I have. And in some respects it is just that.

But I have this nagging feeling in my gut. It's a feeling of unrest. It's a feeling of dissatisfaction. So I'm back to the drawing board to reevaluate my position and formulate a plan of action.

On my way home from work this evening, however, a radio news story snapped me out of my self-obsessed stupor and put things into perspective.

Reportedly, a man was taking a picture of his wife and six-month-old daughter at the Central Park Zoo earlier today when a tree branch fell onto them, killing his daughter and critically injuring his wife.

I cannot imagine the devastation this man must be feeling at this moment.

I said a prayer for the him and the survival of his wife. I hope you all will, too.

Surely, many of us have legitimate problems. And this blog will continue occasionally to be a vehicle for my own self-important whining and complaining.

But I sincerely encourage you all to count your blessings today and every day.


No comments:

Post a Comment