Monday, June 7, 2010

Fly Away, J-Bird


As some people know, I am a retail manager. The psychological reverberations of that fact will likely inspire at least a few entries on this blog. But for the moment, I can focus on the good of it. I managed a fantastic crew and worked shoulder to shoulder with some extremely talented managers. The store becomes a second home. And you get a house full of brothers and sisters, aunts and uncles, misfits and weirdos.

Then you get the news you're being transfered to another store. Then you get some heartfelt goodbyes and well-wishes. And lastly, you get a delicious chocolate cake.

Today I start at the new store. This is my tiny universe.

Meanwhile, oil continues to gush into the gulf coast. The Middle East maintains its status quo of hopelessness. North Korea is threatening war if the UN delivers sanctions. Political unrest continues in Thailand. And so on and so forth. But I cannot obsess about these issues. I am having enough trouble managing the relatively mundane details of my own life.

I have to get ready for work.

*Extra special thanks to Lauren for the cake and the lovely photo of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment